The Sensaphonics 2MAX™ is a custom-fit, dual-driver earphone optimized for use with wireless personal monitor systems. Designed to match the exceptional sound quality of our acclaimed ProPhonic 2X-S model, the 2MAX gets louder, faster, producing more output at lower volume settings. In other respects, the two models are the same: They are visually identical, with a low profile look that virtually disappears on stage. In addition, both have the same maximum output level and come with the same packaging, cable options and accessories.
Like all Sensaphonics models, the 2MAX earphones are hand-crafted from soft-gel silicone for a comfortable fit. Working from ear impressions made by an audiologist, our technicians mold the silicone around miniature speakers, polishing the earpieces to a flawless finish. This produces a tight seal, providing up to 37 dB of broadband isolation. Our hand-selected micro-transducers deliver powerful bass and crystal clear mid and high frequencies. As a result, you’ll hear your in-ear mix with superb fidelity and clarity, allowing you to monitor at safer levels.
PRODUCT UPGRADE: As of August 2009, the ProPhonic 2X-S and 2MAX earphones now come with a field-replaceable cable as standard. Our new cable is securely attached at the earphone end with nylon screws. The new cable is available in matte silver or black and includes a memory wire insert at the earphone end. The original permanently attached cable design is now available by request only. There is no change in pricing.
The 2MAX is highly recommended for musicians using a wireless system for in-ear monitoring. For those using hardwired systems, we recommend the ProPhonic 2X-S.
2MAX Features and Benefits
- Optimized for use with wireless IEM systems – gets louder, faster
- Custom-molded from soft-gel, medical grade silicone
- Far more comfortable than plastic earpieces, reducing fatigue in long-term use
- Maximum isolation from ambient sound (up to 37 dB) for full-impact monitoring at lower volume levels
- Flexible material maintains a full seal even during excessive jaw movement
- Shock absorption protects speakers from harm
- Dual-driver design for increase bass response and headroom
- Transparent material virtually disappears in the ear (custom colors available)
- Silicone earpieces do not shrink, crack, or degrade over time
- New field-replaceable cable system
- Compatible with all popular IEM system and portable audio devices
Type: Custom-molded, dual-driver earphones with full shell, transparent silicone earpieces.
Frequency Response: 20 – 16,000 Hz
Weight: 1 ounce (approx)
Cable: Field replaceable, continuous, choice of 52- or 60-inch, matte silver or black.
Custom Cable Options
- Permanently attached – Lengths and colors as above. This is the original Sensaphonics cable, preferred by some for its lower profile look.
- Breakaway – Permanently attached to the earphones, this clear/silver cable is attached to a 3-foot, heavy-duty black cable by a chrome mini-plug connector. Standard length is 50 inches; custom lengths are available for a nominal extra charge.
Supplied Accessories: Hard case, shirt clip, earphones cleaning tool, 1/8″ to 1/4″ adapter, pocket storage pouch.