Kadyn earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Speech Pathology from the University of Georgia in 1975 and her Master of Education degree in Audiology from the University of Georgia in 1976. She began her professional career with Georgia Head and Neck Surgery and Cobb ENT in 1977, and continued there for the next 7 years. Dr. Williams completed her Doctor of Audiology degree (Au.D.) from the University of Florida in December 2000.
Dr. Williams joined forces in Atlanta with Dr. Solodar in 1981 to form Occupational Noise Consultants (ONC), Inc., the first female-owned hearing conservation practice in Georgia. In February 1983, they sold ONC, Inc., to a national concern and founded ACA , the first private Audiology and Speech pathology practice in Georgia.
Dr. Williams is licensed by the state of Georgia as an Audiologist. She is a highly accomplished and respected public speaker and educator. She has co-authored publications on hearing health care issues. She is originally from Atlanta and currently resides in Atlanta with her husband and children.
- Georgia Academy of Audiology (GAA)
- American Academy of Audiology (AAA)
- Audiology Resource Association (ARA)
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA)
Awards & Recognition
- Dr. Williams was Editor of the Business Section of Feedback, the professional journal of the Academy of Dispensing Audiologists, for 4 years.
- Served on the Marketing Committee for the American Academy of Audiology.
- Business to Business magazine honored Dr. Kadyn Williams by naming her as one of Atlanta’s business DIVAS during the year 1999.
- From 2005 through 2010, Dr. Williams served as an adjunct faculty member of Salus University, formally known as Pennsylvania College of Optometry (PCO).
- Dr. Williams served as a member of the American Academy of Audiology”s Coding and Reimbursement Committee from 2002 through 2009, serving as its chair from 2005 through 2009.
- Since 2008 she has been serving on the American Academy of Audiology”s Practice Policy Advisory Council (PPAC).
- In 2008, Dr. Williams was appointed by the governor of Georgia to serve on the Georgia State Board of Hearing Aid Dealers and Dispensers, a position in which she currently serves.
- She has been a long term member of the Georgia Academy of Audiology”s Convention Committee and served as Chair of the 2010 Convention.
- Dr. Williams is a highly accomplished and respected public speaker and educator. She has co-authored publications on hearing health care issues.
- In recognition of her service to the profession of Audiology, the American Academy of Audiology honored Dr. Williams by awarding her Presidential Award in 2007 and the State Leaders” Advocate of the Year Award in 2009.
- Exhibitor Course and Industry Update Subcommittee Chair for AudiologyNOW! 2015