Helena Solodar earned her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Georgia in 1973, her Master’s degrees in both Audiology and Speech Pathology from the University of South Carolina in 1975. Dr. Solodar received her Doctor of Audiology degree (Au.D.) from the University of Florida in 2000. She began her professional career with Drs. Haile and Warder in South Carolina, where she founded Professional Hearing Aid Associates. She operated this facility for 6 years.
Dr. Solodar joined forces in Atlanta with Dr. Williams in 1981 to form Occupational Noise Consultants (ONC), Inc., the first female-owned hearing conservation practice in Georgia. In February 1983, they sold ONC, Inc., to a national concern and founded Audiological Consultants of Atlanta, the first private Audiology and Speech pathology practice in Georgia which currently operates with six office locations, twelve licensed audiologists and three audiology assistants. Dr. Solodar is licensed by the state of Georgia as an Audiologist.
Dr. Solodar is an active Rotarian and highly accomplished and respected public speaker and educator. She has co-authored publications and book chapters on hearing health care issues. Dr. Solodar works intimately with the music industry, informing and educating young and experienced musicians on the value of hearing protection. Dr. Solodar is originally from South Carolina and currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia, with her husband and children.
- Georgia Academy of Audiology (GAA)
- American Academy of Audiology (AAA)
- Audiology Resource Association (ARA)
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA)
Awards & Recognition
- Dr. Solodar is a highly accomplished and respected public speaker and educator. She has co-authored publications on hearing health care issues.
- Dr. Solodar was appointed by the governor of Georgia to serve on the State Board of Examiners for Hearing Aid Dealers and Dispensers, on which she served for 9 years.
- In 1995, the ARA named her Audiologist of the Year.
- Business to Business magazine honored Dr. Helena Solodar by naming her as one of Atlanta’s business DIVAS during the year 1999.
- Dr. Solodar served as a member of the Songbird Medical Advisory Board and on the Editorial Board for a national publication.
- Board of Directors of the American Academy of Audiology (AAA) from 2003-2007, serving as Secretary/Treasurer from 2004-2007.
- Serves on the Board of Trustees of the Georgia Academy of Audiology (GAA) and was its Convention Chair for 2007.
- Elected President of the Georgia Academy of Audiology for the term beginning July 1, 2008.
- Served as the 20th Anniversary Task Force Chair for the American Academy of Audiology’s 2008 AudiologyNOW convention where she received two prestigious awards, the State Leaders Network Advocate of the Year Award and the Presidential Award.
- Appointed in 2008 by Georgia Speaker of the House, to serve as a member of the Georgia Hearing Commission for Hearing Impaired and Deaf Persons and was re-elected as its chair in 2013.
- Honored at the Georgia State Capitol by the House of Representatives by receiving House Resolution 1726 presented in her name for outstanding service and achievement on February 24, 2009.
- Received “The Honors of the Association Award” by the Georgia Academy of Audiology in recognition of outstanding service on January 28, 2011.
- Advisory Board member for 3DM Systems which developed the Otoscan Laser Ear Scanner.
- Member of the Phonak National/International Speaker’s Bureau for Lyric.
- AudiologyNOW!, AAA Convention Program Chair, 2015 in San Antonio, Texas.